We can all agree that summer holidays are some of the most relaxing parts of the year, which is why we've compiled a list of things to be aware of to ensure your getaway goes to plan!
At the poolside:
• Always ensure that an adult is supervising your child whenever they are in the pool.
• Only let your child swim at depths they have had experience swimming in before.
• Running at a poolside can be dangerous, so it's best avoided.
• Make sure to reapply suncream after swimming, nobody wants a nasty burn!
On the beach:
• Be mindful of rising tides and never swim near piers as quick changes in current could cause an injury.
• Wear sandals or jelly shoes at the shore if the beach is rocky or has lots of sharp shells.
• Look for any flags flying on the beach and find out their meaning.
• Check for a lifeguard before swimming in the sea and again, ensure that adult supervision is present for any swimming children.
At the waterpark:
• Pay attention to the rules of the waterpark, their purpose is the safety of visitors!
• Ride with your child where possible if it makes them feel more comfortable.
• Ensure everyone feels comfortable with the slide before queuing.
At the lake:
• The safest option is to not swim in lakes as they have sharp rocks and lots of germs.
• Only swim if the depth of the water is known.
• Make sure to wear life jackets when on a boat.
We at MD Sport Solutions wish you a happy and safe summer holiday!